Minutes: Alex Carvalho
Note: Originally posted on the A & C Google group on September 7, 2011 by Alex Carvalho. Link here: A & C Minutes 08/27/11. Click on “Hide quoted text” to view.
Arts and Culture Committee Meeting Minutes
- Place and Date: Tompkins Square – August 27, 2011 – 7:00pm
- Present: Maria, Harrison, Vanessa, Nico, Mel, Alexandre, Jeremy, Lorenzo
Meeting started at 7:25pm.
- Gengeral Assembly Challenges
- A brief discussion of the challenges faced so far at the GA ensued.
- As a process measure, before the agenda points could be tackled, one member proposed that we take a “decentralized and inclusive, bottom-up approach” when dealing with these issues.
- The proposed process flips the GA method so far, and is proposal-oriented. It worked very well, allowing us to decide and discuss issues in an inclusive manner.
- The committee will share with this framework with the rest of the GA and groups.