Minutes: Anna Harrah
Note: Originally posted on the A & C Google group on October 22nd, 2011 by Alex Carvalho. Link here: A & C Minutes 10/21/11. Click on “Hide quoted text” to view.
- GA procedure & signs
- Agenda Points
- Announcements – Agenda Items
- Lady: Finance Budget, $100 a day not being proposed-attested by facilitation meeting, have to request daily or loose the funding, spoke to Daryl
- Gan: Emergency Budget Discussion-OccupyHalloween, need numbers.
- Noah: Reports yesterdays action-OccupyMuseums
- Stephanie: Cuny Grad student-proposes a forum on spectators & politics & performance Nov. 8th
- Billy: Halloween boothes, how to propose budget for projects?
- Kiril: Follow-up “No Comment”
- Earnie: Music Guild-function & concerns
- Imani: 3rd Ward & ArtSpace in BK to hold Free & Public discussion
- Jola: 99% Art!, wants to propose an occupation of Union Sq. Artist Auction
- Amy: Dancer, 1st meeting, Proposes a global collaboration with Anne Helprin
- James: Propose a show, theme NO NAME, where artists remain anonymous
- Alex: eliminate A & C Google Groups by Wednesday!
- Anna: Follow-up on “No Comment” & non-profit shows Chelsea Museum (99% Art!) & White Box (WALLmART)
- Joey: Theatre/Social practice Oct. 14th, connects all 99% ppl with social practice/theatre of oppressed, meets Friday Oct. 28th @ 2pm
- Imani: American for Arts Google Doc
- Lani: Arts & Funding, no-one taking responsibility to get budget for 4pm, talk to Gan immediately for getting involved with funding & please help make A & C present at GA meetings, we need a voice
- Gan: Formally invited to Halloween parade by NYC, possibly largest in Nation, we need $3000 for puppets, messaging, costumes, paint. Self organize on own blocks for those who want to participate.
- Stack for Agenda
- Karen: to Gan-looking for puppets?
- Gan: Puppet Guild, but please give suggestions or make new connections, occupyhalloween.org
- Alex: Google Groups to be specific to guilds (many waving fingers)
- Billy: Materials & Accessories, who will talk for budget?
- Tim: Where & When is parade?
- Gan: Prep starting at 5-530 at off-site location then meeting at 630 from Spring St. then up 6Ave to 23rd
- Denny: need to go to GA to ask for funding for parade
- Zach: Any proposals need to be written, transparent, accountability. If it is approved, ex. OccupyHalloween, need to be clear where excess funds will go
- Renee: Give us more info & flush out budget
- Gan: Original # was exclusively for puppets, then finance committee recommended asking for new amount
- James: Save receipts, keep track
- Juliana: not necessary, one-time with materials
- Tim: we can definitely get a block grant
- Noah: OccupyMuseum launched yesterday, received a lot of media-NYT, Washington Post ect. Met in the park, occupied the 4 train, went to MOMA-open GA in front of museum, Directors came down to ask demands, occupiers invited to participate in GA-we will return everyday.
- Blithe: moving forward, meet next Monday 530 @ Guggenheim, inviting Arts & Labor which meets Tuesday 730
- Julian & Stephanie: Cuny PHD-propose an open forum for political theater, radical politics for larger movement to discuss philosophy-theoretical ideas
- Amy: Global performances with Anne Helprin might relate to Cuny workshop
- Claire: Performances Guild, Tuesday 5 collaboratively, Friday 4 go over proposals
- Julian: intersection btwn art practice & radical philosophy & how they converge
- Kiril: Can one person facilitate group?
- Claire: I’ll invite
- Imani: 3rd Ward for-profit wants to hold a free discussion about A & C functions, practices and how formed. Inviting artists to speak on topic. What are ppls feelings on collaborating with for-profit?
- Alex: read 3rd Ward email
There is an overflow of money into the entire occupation, we need to make sure we propose our budgets!
Temperature Check: $3000 – many waving fingers
Nov. 4th Ryan McAdams having Juliard orchestra play-find out details through Earnie
End of Minutes