Note: A & C Minutes: Monday, January 23rd 2012. Time 6:15 PM
- “The Line” event
- Puppetry Guild
- Wall Street to Main Street
- Arts & Institution working group
- The Commons
- Hyperallergic Space
Welcome Guests: Evelyne & Yana.
- Reportbacks / Announcements
- Puppetry Guild in Occupy DC event
- Eric: Puppetry guild in DC metup with Puppet Underground
- Good times were had.
- We met up with the Crow & the Wolf.
- Puppet Guild Ice cream social for A & C
- Eric: The Puppetry Guild is re-scheduling the ice-cream social for A & C.
- It was scheduled for this Friday at the super secret puppet lair.
- New date TBA, Feel free to bring ice-cream, toppings, etc. but not chocolate syrup. We have a factory worth of chocolate syrup.
- The social is being moved so people can attend the inter-occupy meeting at Judson
- Adrian: Spatial group had a skype conference Sunday.
- We talked about space needs and research
- Paul is working on HyperAllergic
- Imani: In contact with ABC-No Rio
- They gave us lots of advice and contacts.
- Johnny is trying to set up meetings.
- Living Museums is offering interim space as well.
- If you’d like to be involved in A & C Spatial group contact Imani
- Imani: Joel Richardson created a 5 x 8 stencil work and donated it to Arts & Culture.
- Manager wants us to auction work and keep the money.
- Imani: Wall Street to Main street is ongoing and the submission date for artwork is February 1st
- Organizers are looking for co-curators for artists as well as physical spaces.
- For updates and press releases visit: Occupy With Art
- Yana: I’m announcing “The Line” event: an unemployment line extending from the financial district to Times Square
- Yana is co-organizing the event. Please contact her for info: email@example.com
- The event will take on March 6th at 8.14AM
- The website is: The Line 2012
- Antonio: Last Monday concented on a sharing program for NYCGA where we share content between groups
- We can make our own pamplets, zines, artwork, poetry and share with each other
- The artists still controls copyright.
- Antonio – Arts & Institutions
- Antonio wants to kick off Arts & Institutions group, picking up where 60s critique of Arts institution of arts. Wants to look at the brand new America exhibit at the Met
- Imani says that the HyperAllergic space would be a great place for that to happen
- The Commons
- Empowerment & Education Forum
- A breakout group of Empowerment & Education is organizing a forum on “the Commons”
- The organizing committee within Empowerment & Education is called Making Worlds
- The forum is scheduled to be held February 16th to the 18th
- A planning meeting will be held this Saturday at 3:30 PM at 60 Wall Street
- More info here: Campaign for the Commons WG here, Making World Forum Wiki and here: Making Worlds: Forum on the Commons
- The title is called Alternative Economies: Occupy, Resist, Produce
- The date is set for February 19th. Full details TBA
- Information about Arts & Labor can be found on the Arts & Culture blog as well as at their website: Arts & Labor
- Imani is interested in do a collective show about the Commons for WS2MS
- Imani would like to hash out a proposal for Wall Street to Main Street illustrating Arts & Culture’s work / research on the Commons
- Antonio discusses the book The Silent Revolution by Tine De Moor about the Medieval Commons and Women Power
- The spatial is facilitating a 2 month residency in Williamsburg
- Will have hours
- Within a couple of weeks will be announcing
- Mediums limited because of lack of ventilation
- Antonio announces plans of building solidarity
- Two sheets are passed to describe
- The website is 80% complete
- Share OWS page in site. To help artists get their work out.
- More info on Arts & Culture blog and Occupy With Art
- Jo is the MetroCard point person. Temporarily until we contact Jo, Adrian (@adrian) and Eric (@recodebarcode) will be MetroCard point persons.
Temperature Check for Adrian and Eric to be MetroCard point persons.
- How are we dealing with donated artwork?
- Zach:Why doesn’t the artist or manager auction the work?
- Bring agenda point to next meeting